It’s great if you already have experience with a few things on our list, especially those in your preferred area of the development stack, but you don't need to know everything, and we really value candidates who can demonstrate their ability to learn new skills.
You’ll thrive using Agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects, doing things the right way and producing high quality code.
Your work on our platform will help people get on top of their finances and make better informed financial decisions.
As a member of our Technical Team, you’ll:
- Design and build services using web technologies to serve our user and client needs
- Take responsibility for code quality for yourself and your peers
- Improve our processes and tools through communication, automation and optimisation
- Build automated tests as part of our continuous integration and deployment environment
- Share knowledge of tools, techniques, new features and ideas with the Moneyhub team of developers and non-developers
- Support our ongoing recruitment by helping in sifting and interviewing
- Apply broad knowledge of web technologies to provide security, performance and scalability
- Solve issues and suggest solutions as part of feature development and support
Who You Are
We’re interested in people who:
- Understand software design principles
- Enjoy researching and learning new programming tools and techniques and telling others about them
- Communicate with accuracy and effectiveness
- Take a systematic approach to solve problems
- Have experience of using testing to validate solutions
- Understand agile environments and version control
- Have some understanding of web security and accessibility
- Are aware of technologies used for web applications, e.g databases, backups, CDNs and search, and of Unix-like operating systems, e.g. Linux and/or Mac OS have experience of working on, or with web technologies are familiar with working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps (and want to learn more)
- Have experience, or are interested in technical leadership, helping colleagues with their career development and coaching junior and peer staff members