React UI Software Engineer
We are currently looking for a brilliant React UI Software Engineer to join our team. We work in small teams, so this is an opportunity to have a big impact, contribute, and ship products that quickly that are used by millions of people!
What You’ll Do
- Build high-performance map products for the web. Our core product features include our proprietary indoor / outdoor map data, point of interest data, search, navigation, API integrations and more used by millions of users.
- Help us “componentize” our user interface elements to work across a variety of web-based products
- Collaborate with designers, Product Managers, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines
- Work with our Design Team to take user interface designs and prototypes and transform them into elegant web user interfaces that work across a variety of desktop and mobile web browsers
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Build and ship amazing web application products that get used by millions of user all over the world
What We Work With
- Style components
- Maps and geographic coordinate systems, mostly in Mapbox
- OpenGL / WebGL
- AWS - Lambda / S3 / DynamoDB
- REST / HTTP
- Gitlab, Storybook, and Figma
Skills & requirements
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- You have an amazing eye for the details. You have previously worked with professional Design Teams and understand the importance of creating pixel perfect design interfaces and the subtlety that comes with it.
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, “get it done” attitude.
- You absolutely love crafting elegant products and user experiences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We know everyone says this, but we mean it! We have a distributed team and rely on team members that are well organized and can effectively communicate about their work.
- If you are working in a remote capacity, you have experience working with remote teams and understand the communication needs and dynamics of remote team environments.